Driving a Heavy Vehicle is a compendium of the principal standards, guidelines and rules of conduct concerning:
- the responsibilities, rights and obligations of heavy vehicle drivers;
- factors that affect driving;
- traffic rules;
- special driving techniques specific to each type of heavy vehicle;
- the rules that apply to each type of transportation (passengers or goods);
- special equipment and the configuration of heavy vehicles;
- coupling and decoupling techniques;
- the rules regarding hours of driving and off-duty time;
- obligations concerning circle checks of vehicles.
This guide is an essential tool to help you prepare for the tests you must take in order to obtain a Class 1, 2 or 3 driver’s licence.
Other documents may also be useful to help you assimilate the knowledge you need. For more information, visit the website of the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec (www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca).